Chevron - Review about Special Offer Price

I went to Chevron on the corner of Rock Island and McNab road to get gas , paid for gas by credit card outside and figured I would go in to get a drink , usually drink monster but the rock stars were on sale 2 for $4 , got up to register and attendant rings it up and tells me that will be $4.50 , I said but they are 2 for $4 ? He says yes they are $2.50 each ,little confused I said no sign says 2 for $4 , he says yes with tax , really confused I ask well how the *** did it come out to $4.50 , he then says yes 7% sales tax , still confused i say yea well my calculations would bring that to $4.28 , he redoes something on register and says ok $4.28 , I looked at him funny thinking to myself , did I miss a sales tax raise? I then asked him if they have a little scam going for unsuspecting customers , I grabbed receipt and drove off , look at the reciept cause now I'm saying wait , sales tax is 6% , receipt says $0.00 next to sales tax , is this guy running a scam that people are not paying attention to ?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Special Offer Price
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #548754

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Chevron? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Chevron. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Chevron.
Filing a new complaint about